Adopted on the XXX of XXXX 20XX
In January each year the Parish Council prepares a budget for expected expenditure for the next financial year. This figure forms the precept figure for the forthcoming year. Grant requests must be submitted to the Council no later than November to allow sufficient time for Councillors to agree or decline the application.
Please download the application form. It can then be printed, completed and returned to us.
Terms and conditions
1. The amount of the award will be at the discretion of the Parish Council
2. All applications will be considered on their merits but, in general, grants will be awarded for capital projects, such as the purchase of equipment, works to buildings or improvements to premises. In addition, the Council may support a community event, festival or other special event. Grants towards running costs, salaries or consumables, may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
3. Grants will be awarded to voluntary groups and societies, clubs, not-for-profit organisations, and charities operating in the Hurst Green Parish area where the benefit will be for this area.
4. Grants will not be awarded to individuals or to regional or national charities unless it is for a specific project in the Hurst Green area or where there will be obvious benefit to the Council’s area.
5. The purpose for which the grant is made must be in the interests of the Hurst Green area or any part of it or all or some of the inhabitants of the area which is defined by the boundaries of the Parish Council. The benefit to the area or inhabitants must be commensurate with the expenditure.
6. Groups from outside the Parish who can demonstrate direct benefit to the area are eligible to apply.
7. The Parish Council will take into account any previous grant made to an organisation or group when considering a new application.
8. No grant will be awarded to or for any commercial venture for private gain.
9. Retrospective applications will not be funded where the expenditure has already been made, the project has been completed or the event has taken place.
10. When required the Council may ask for submission of audited accounts and supporting documentation detailing costs of capital expenditure, project or events for which the funding is being sought.
11. All grant recipients are required to provide the Parish Council with a brief report, including photographs where appropriate, of how the grant has been utilised, how it has assisted the organisation or group and what it has achieved. This must be submitted within two months of the purchase of the capital equipment or completion of the project.
12. If the grant is put to purposes other than those for which it was awarded without the prior approval of the Parish Council, the recipient organisation or group will be required to repay the grant to the Parish Council.
13. The organisation or group should supply such information as the Parish Council may request regarding the impact of the project on the Parish Council’s area.
14. Recognition of the grant from Hurst Green Parish Council must be made in any publicity.